SharePoint Migration White Papers – Business and Technical Considerations when migrating to SharePoint or SharePoint Online
As organizations consider migrating content to SharePoint or SharePoint online, it is important to understand that there are many business and technical considerations that can affect the quality and the duration of the migration. These articles will identify and address a few key concepts that, if properly understood, can improve any migration to SharePoint or SharePoint Online.
- Knowing Your Data
- Understand and Prepare for Records Management and Content Disposition
- Process Improvement
- Phased, Slow Walk Migration
- Migration Duration
- Demonstrate Value & Get Buy-In from Stakeholders
- Fully Understand Your Storage Environment
- Exclude Unnecessary Content
- Architect Your SharePoint Environment Before Moving Content
- Choosing Your Migration Method
- Pilot Test Your Migration With Early Adopters
- And Much More
Download this two-part White Paper Series discussing migrating to SharePoint, and learn how organizations can manage hybrid On-Prem and Cloud solutions.
Written by Russ Houberg – Sr. Solution Architect
Russ holds hold several professional certifications including, Microsoft Certified Master, Microsoft Certified Solution Master, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, and Microsoft Certified Developer. He’s worked in the area of ECM with a strong focus on Microsoft technologies for decades. Russ regularly speaks at ECM, EFSS and SharePoint events.